Friday, July 11, 2014

Silence

As I sat there building castle in the air, my friend walked into my room unannounced.  She looked at me but didn’t utter a word and sat beside me. She looked tired as if she has just returned from the long fought battle and her rueful expression indicated that the outcome was not in her favor.  She took a deep breath and said “Can I sleep on your lap?” The atmosphere in the room got tense and I wondered what was going inside that sunken tired person. I nodded and she placed her head on my lap. I didn’t have the guts to ask her any question since she seemed too fragile to answer any queries. She closed her eyes and I sat there staring at her. “Are you all right dear?” I uttered at last since my head was at the verge of explosion with questions.” Shhhh no question please” She pleaded. I pat her head and then hugged her. Tears trickled down her pale face and deep down I knew that she is still feeling that chill she is not suppose to feel. She squeezed my hand and was struggling to sleep but in vain. After sometime she lifted her head with cries engraved in her throat and ran to the bathroom. I followed her but she slammed the door. I stood there petrified. After a while she came out with her face washed, gave me a weak smile and said” I aint crying anymore.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent is not the answer

Do you ever come across a moment in life where you thought I should have said that , a pang of regret of not saying that out loud? It is qui...